Join us on Facebook

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Using football to share the love of Christ


In June, 5 men came from Forney, Texas to spend a week with the Plzen Patriots. A few of them are coaches in Texas and some just like to play football, and they came to share their love of football and most importantly- God with the Plzen Patriots.

It really was an incredible week of building relationships with Zachary and Larry's teammates and also for sharing Christ with them. The Patriots loved it. They were so excited about the Americans who were willing to come teach them how to play football better.

The guys gave each player a bag of gifts (mouth guards, t-shirts, ... and a tract). The week after they left, Larry was on the field with the team and someone asked him some questions about what we believe about. He said, "Because, I've been reading this paper and ...." The second player, piped in and said, "Yeah I have it by my bed and I read it every night." The third player responded, "Yeah, but I keep it with me in my wallet, look here it is..."

So what do you like to do? play football? maybe something different? Whatever you like to do, enjoy it, but at the same time, use it for God wherever you are!
And if God lays it on your heart to come to Plzen for a week to use your talent/passion to reach Czechs... give us a call, we would love to have you!

No comments: